Do you have a passion for teaching, a passion for STEM, and a passion for the Arts? Do you thrive in a project-based learning environment and always seek creative ways of developing conceptual understanding? If you answered “Yes!!” to any of these question, then apply now!
Click here for more information
General Purpose of Job
Moving Mindz hosts classes/workshops for students on Robotics, Engineering, Game Design, Coding, and 3D Animation. It also provides individual tutoring in science and mathematics as well as support to schools in the surrounding districts. Moving Mindz is looking to hire a STEM Instructor who loves STEM just as much as it does and who would love to grow with a company from the ground up. The company thrives on creative energy and the passion for teaching kids the art and beauty of STEM.
STEM Instructors work directly with an assigned class of approximately 5 students (K-12), acting as a positive adult role model, coach, and mentor. The STEM Instructor will lead class sessions whose emphasis is in STEM, particularly Robotics, Engineering, Game Design, Coding, and 3D Animation. STEM Instructors must have a genuine interest in the growth, development, and provision of a safe and nurturing environment for the students they teach.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide academic enrichment in STEM related subject areas (e.g. Robotics, Engineering, Game Design, Coding, 3D Animation, etc.), using curriculum and materials provided by the program
- Lead a group of approximately 5 students in an instructional setting, maintaining high standards for behavior and safety
- Create an engaging environment that fosters a sense of belonging that kids want to be in
- Support students in making positive behavior choices and take disciplinary measures when appropriate
- Engage children and youth by following, implementing, and assisting in creating lesson plan
- Serve as a positive adult role model for children in the program through appropriate dress, speech, and attitude and courtesy
- Maintain student safety by taking roll and reviewing sign-in/ sign-outs for students and volunteers
- Participate in staff development activities
- Maintain highest degree of confidentiality in staff, student and volunteer matters
- Comply with organization and site policies and follows procedures
Education and/or Experience
- Experience in a STEM field
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. (Required)
- 48 college semester or 60 college quarter units (Required)
- Ability to speak and write Standard English appropriate in a public school setting
- Must pass Live Scan (criminal background check via fingerprinting)
- TB Test
- At least six months of experience working with a group of 5 or more students in a classroom, afterschool, or recreation environment
- Strong Math and English skills (K-8)
- Excellent communication skills (Written and Verbal)
We are looking for a talented 3D Animator with a growth mindset and a passion for entertainment. Even if you’re still in college, studying to be an animator, as long as you have the determination, we’re looking for you! Apply now!